Simple, tasty, and healthy – what could be better? This salmon checks all of those boxes! It has great flavor and texture, is quick and easy to put together, and gives your body some much needed omega 3’s and other nutrients to keep you healthy!
- 2 salmon fillets (6-8oz each), I use wild caught rather than farm raised, preferably boneless (if not, remove the bones prior to cooking)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp capers (with juice)
- 2 tsp honey
- Garlic powder, for seasoning
- Ground black pepper, for seasoning
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Aluminum foil
- Cookie sheet
- Cooking spray (I use Pam Olive Oil spray)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Rip 2 pieces of aluminum foil, large enough to fold over and seal in each fillet
3) Spray each piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray, place a salmon fillet (skin side down) in the middle of each piece of foil
4) Brush each salmon fillet with olive oil (about 1tbsp per fillet), season with garlic powder and ground black pepper
5) Drizzle honey (about 1tsp per fillet), pour lemon juice (about 1Tbsp per fillet), and spoon capers and juice (about 1 Tbsp per fillet) onto each salmon fillet
6) Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil, making sure it’s sealed well
7) Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes (fish should flake easily with a fork)
8) Remove from oven, unwrap foil, sprinkle with feta and enjoy!
**I typically serve this over brown rice, with a side of steamed broccoli**
Enjoy this clean and healthy recipe! Be sure to stop by and comment below on how you liked it!