With summer fast approaching, this is a GREAT recipe to have on hand. It’s light, delicious, and includes one of my husband and my best friends for the summer – the GRILL! Hope you love it as much as we do!
Greek salad with Grilled Chicken
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3-4 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½-1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- White wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Ground pepper, to season chicken
- Garlic powder, to season chicken
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder and ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, lightly oil grate
- Cook on prepared grill about 8-10 minutes each side, or until internal temperature is 165 degrees
- Combine cucumbers, red onion, roma tomatoes, and Kalamata olives in a large bowl, toss to mix ingredients
- When chicken is finished, allow it to cool. Once cool, cut chicken into bite size pieces, place in a separate bowl
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly into 2-4 bowls (however many you’re serving), add grilled chicken (about 3oz per person), drizzle lightly with EVOO, drizzle lightly with white wine vinegar, and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Enjoy!
You’ll notice I didn’t include any sort of lettuce –you’re certainly welcome to, if you’d like, but we do not. My husband and I fell in love with this traditional greek dish while we were visiting Greece about 5 years ago, and they never added lettuce to this salad. You can mix up the cheese to a crumbled goat cheese, if you prefer. Additionally, in Greece we were typically given white wine vinegar and olive oil for our dressing, however, you may substitute balsamic vinegar if that is more to your liking!
Let me know how you like it!