Hard boiled eggs are so convenient as a healthy snack or as part of meal prep by adding them to meals, such as salads. Having to boil eggs on the stove was always annoying to me, so I was psyched to find this recipe!
I tweaked it just slightly by adding water to each muffin/cupcake cup, to ensure no brown/burn spots on the eggs – worked like a charm! This recipe is so easy, and the shells peel off like a dream! If you notice the eggs don’t cook through thoroughly, you may want to up the temp to 350. For our oven, 325 degrees for 30 minutes had them turning out perfectly!
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs – however many you want to prepare(I use cage-free or organic eggs)
- Muffin or cupcake pan
- Large bowl
- Tongs or large spoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Fill each cup of the muffin/cupcake tin about halfway with water. Place one egg in each cup
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, and use tongs or large spoon to transfer eggs to large bowl of ice water. Allow eggs to sit in ice water for about 10 minutes
- Remove eggs from water and peel shells off
Enjoy perfectly hard boiled eggs – done in the oven! Filling each muffin/cupcake cup halfway with water will reduce the risk of “burn spots” on the eggs. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like them! I hope this saves you a little time and effort in your meal prep/healthy snack prep!