Wow…tried out this recipe tonight, and it was a HIT. I tweaked the recipe a bit, but I went off of a recipe provided by : https://dpums.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/skinny-italian-baked-chicken-with-tomatoes-artichokes-garlic-and-mozzarella/
This recipe is healthy and has great flavor – definitely got the hubby’s approval! We will be having this again, FOR SURE! Feel free to play with the veggies – I’m sure there are others you could add and enjoy it just as much!
Delicious Chicken Bake
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family/party)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 handful spinach (I tear it into smaller pieces)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil cooking spray (I use Pam)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder, for seasoning
- Pepper, for seasoning
- 9×13 oven safe cooking/baking dish (mine is glass)
- Large bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the 9 x 13 pan with olive oil cooking spray and place chicken breasts in the pan. Season each chicken breast (both sides) with garlic powder and pepper
- In the large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts, garlic, red onion, spinach, cornstarch, and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Add this mixture to the 9×13 pan, nestling it around the chicken
- Cook for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle desired amount of shredded mozzarella cheese on top, turn broiler on low, and place back in oven for 5-10 minutes; the cheese should bubble and brown slightly
- Remove from oven and serve warm
We served this over brown rice, but it probably would’ve been fine on its own!
DE.LISH. Let me know what you think!