Oven roasted beets are soooo tasty AND healthy! They take a little while to cook through, but the recipe is super easy and so worth the time! These are great during the summer, and are much better for you than the canned version.
Don’t like beets? Try these before you swear off them – you may be surprised!
Oven Roasted Beets
- Beets, however many you’d like
- Aluminum foil
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub each beet and cut off leaves/stem close to the tip
- Wrap each beet loosely in aluminum foil
- Place foil wrapped beets on baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in oven, and cook for 45-60 minutes. Check beets every 20-25 minutes to ensure that they are not burning; if they look dry add some water to each (about a tablespoon per beet) and re-wrap
- When a fork can be inserted into the beet easily, they are done
- Remove beets from oven, allow to cool
- Peel each beet. Hold with paper towels and use those to peel the skin away; this will prevent your hands from staining
These beets are great for use in salads, as a side, or alone as a healthy snack!
Can’t wait to hear what you think! Comment if you try this recipe! 🙂