Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- ½ lb lean ground turkey
- 2 red bell peppers, cap cut off and seeded
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 2-3 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- Olive oil spray (I use Pam)
- Cook brown rice as directed
- Preheat oven to 375degrees
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and remove seeds/whites
- Spray oven safe baking dish with olive oil and place cleaned peppers in it
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat; add onion and garlic and saute until fragrant
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and brown
- After ground turkey is browned, add tomatoe, oregano and basil, and jalapeno
- Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add cooked rice and parmesan, mix well and blend together
- Once cooked through, begin stuffing each bell pepper with the cooked mixture. Pack tightly in bell peppers.
- Place baking dish (with packed bell peppers) in oven for about 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle Colby jack cheese on top, and place back in oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
These stuffed bell peppers are so delicious and are great on their own – I honestly ate mine with a bit of sriracha sauce added on!
Let me know what you think! This is a GREAT meal prep idea – simple, easy, and tasty!