This was a great, great recipe! My husband loved it, and it was easier than I had anticipated. Kudos to the original recipe found at http://www.dananicolefitness.com/recipe/cheddar-and-broccoli-stuffed-chicken/ – I only made a couple of changes.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thin (pound thin with mallet, if needed)
- 75-1 cup Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, frozen
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Touch of sea salt
- 12 toothpicks
- Pam olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika
- Sprinkle Colby jack cheese on chicken breasts, evenly. Save a bit to add to the top of each chicken breast after you fold and toothpick them together
- Spread chopped broccoli evenly on top of each chicken breast.
- Fold each chicken breast in half, containing all of the broccoli and cheese you can, and insert about 2-3 toothpicks each to secure it
- Lightly spray the top of each chicken breast – I actually added a touch of garlic, pepper, and paprika to the top of each
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and cook for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked
- Remove aluminum foil, and sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake uncovered for an addition 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted
I served this with some brown rice. Next time, I’d like to add spinach to the innards of the chicken “roll”, and see how that turns out. For now, I hope you like it!