Need a quick but tasty supper option? This Easy Salsa Chicken is healthy, only requires a few ingredients, and tastes great!! Perfect for those nights when you need to whip something up quickly.
Easy Salsa Chicken
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (number depending on how many people you are serving)
- 1 cup salsa (I used hot; use whatever you prefer!)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Spray a 9×13 glass (or anything oven-safe) dish with olive oil cooking spray
- Trim any extra fat off the chicken breasts
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder and pepper
- Pour salsa evenly over chicken
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes (until juices run clear or the internal temp of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F)
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and place back in oven to cook for an additional 3 minutes (or until cheese is melted)
- Remove from oven and serve!
I served this over brown rice with a little guacamole, but you could also add a salad, steamed broccoli, or any healthy vegetable as a side!
I will definitely be making this again – SOON! Enjoy!!Enjoy this easy meal!!! Great for chaotic weeknights – let me know how you like it!!