I’ve been ordering this salad at restaurants all summer, and I’m not sure why it took me so long to realize that I could just make it at home! It’s easy, delicious, and great for summertime!!
I set the time to 10 minutes assuming you already have the chicken and beets prepped – if not, you’ll need a bit more time. But it will definitely be worth it! Hope you enjoy this delish recipe!
Chicken, Beet, and Goat Cheese Salad
- 4oz cooked chicken (I typically use boneless, skinless chicken breasts – I put garlic powder and pepper, place on a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and cook at 375F for about 20 minutes or until inner temperature is at least 165F)
- 1-2 medium beets, cooked (Not sure how to cook beets? See my easy recipe here: Oven Roasted Beets)
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Dressing of your choice (I’ve used a yummy herb dressing that is avocado oil based – but you could use any healthy dressing like balsamic or another vinaigrette)
- Place 1 cup spinach in a bowl
- Warm chicken (if not already warm) and place chicken and beets on top of spinach
- Add 2 Tbsp goat cheese
- Drizzle dressing over everything and enjoy!
This is such an easy recipe but it is SO delicious! If you’re following the 21 day fix portion control container plan, here is what this recipe equals:
1.5 green (2 if you use 2 medium beets), 1 red, ½ blue, and 1 orange