I have been wanting to try a “one pan” or “sheet pan” roasted chicken and vegetables recipe forever, so I finally took a few recipe ideas and created my own! I used the veggies that I had on hand, but you could certainly swap some of them out/use whatever you have. It’s a pretty flexible recipe, and so easy – I’ll definitely be using it again. It would also be great for meal prepping!
Oven Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed if frozen), cut into 1” cubes
- 1 zucchini, chopped/sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (I chopped them into larger chunks, like we do for grilling)
- 3-5 baby Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line oven safe cooking pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray foil with olive oil spray
- Place chicken (already cut) in a bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp ground pepper, ½ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp paprika
- In another bowl, combine chopped zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, and jalapeno. Mix with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp ground pepper, ½ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp paprika
- Place chicken on aluminum foil covered pan/cookie sheet, followed by the vegetables
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165F internal temp or no longer pink in the center)
- Serve hot and enjoy!
A lot of the recipes I looked at say that the vegetables should char – mine did not, but they were cooked through and had great texture and flavor, so I didn’t worry about it.
I enjoyed mine over riced cauliflower, my hubby opted for a side of brown rice. I also added some sriracha sauce to mine. It was quite tasty!! Hope you enjoy!!