Alright, you all know I’m in love with my instant pot, but this recipe is an easy peasy STOVETOP one that I will never give up! I make it SO often, I barely need to measure the ingredients anymore. My husband requests it frequently – so it’s definitely a winner in our book. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have (and continue to!)
Chicken and Artichokes
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (about 1 inch in size or so)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (I used 5 tsp of minced garlic from the store)
- Olive oil spray (may want to add about 1 Tbsp olive oil as well, that’s optional)
- 1 jar/can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Handful spinach (optional)
**Ideally for this recipe, you will want a skillet/pan that has a cover**
- Spray skillet with olive oil spray and place on stove, heat to medium. Add chicken and cook, approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Spray pan with olive oil spray (or add in 1Tbsp olive oil), and add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent, stirring as needed. Add artichokes, chicken broth, maple syrup or honey (maple syrup tends to give it a little thicker texture, which I enjoy), sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add chicken back in and mix to stir. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add in spinach (if using). Let stand 5-10 minutes and serve! We serve over brown rice (or sometimes riced cauliflower)
Yum yum!! This is a recipe that I make at least once every 2 weeks – it’s so easy, and it ends up being so tasty!! My husband loves it as well. We have topped it with various things over the several times we’ve enjoyed it – including gluten free soy sauce or liquid aminos, red pepper flakes, and even sriracha sauce! Just depends what you’re in the mood for!