Okay, can I just say how much I LOVE my new Instant pot?! Seriously!! Meal prepping with is it a breeze, and I love throwing ingredients in and having a full meal prepared within minutes (especially when life gets chaotic!) I’ve had so much fun playing with it!
I just started a new fitness program with a pretty strict nutrition plan, so I was happy to have this recipe work out well – it’s clean, healthy, gluten free (of course) and EASY! Hubby approved (like I would share one with you that wasn’t! He’s my best taste tester!)
Throw these ingredients in and enjoy this yummy, hot soup just minutes later!
Instant Pot Chicken and Veggie Soup
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp minced garlic)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 zucchini, chopped (I cut mine into half moons)
- 16-18oz low sodium vegetable broth (I used 18oz, but I realize that’s an odd amount so feel free to cut back to 16oz, or add more in if you like it even more soup-y!)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 2 cups spinach
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Spray inner pot of Instant Pot with olive oil cooking spray
- Set instant pot to “Saute”, and add red onion, celery, and carrots. Saute for a few minutes, until onion is almost translucent
- Add minced garlic and saute for a minute or two more
- Turn Instant pot off. Add chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Place cover on Instant pot and lock in place; set to manual/pressure cook for 12 minutes (longer if using frozen chicken breasts). Make sure the steam release handle is set to “sealing”.
- Quick release once cooking time is through. Once steam is released, remove chicken and shred. Add spinach to the pot and allow to wilt while shredding the chicken.
- Add shredded chicken back into the pot, stir to combine, and serve! Add sea salt and pepper to taste (may also add some cheese on top, if you’d like!
Convenient, easy, and fast!! Hope you like this recipe as much as we did!!