You can make these as spicy as you want, or bring the “kick” down a bit. Either way, chickpeas can make a great snack! They are high in fiber, potassium, and Vitamins C and B-6. This is so easy to throw together, though it does take a little timeTry these out and let me know what you think!
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 cap-fulls Olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the drained chickpeas on a paper towel lined cookie sheet and let them air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix chickpeas with olive oil and sea salt, then transfer to parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in oven for 25 minutes, being sure to shake pan/stir chickpeas every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix roasted chickpeas with remaining ingredients.
- Return coated chickpeas to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove them, allow to cool, and enjoy!