We took these out on a beach day for snacks, and they were a HIT. Now, they are “healthy” as long as you don’t eat…like…10 of them (which is harder than it seems). However, this recipe is SUPER easy, full of flavor, and packed with fresh ingredients.
Caprese salad bites
- Mozzarella, fresh (I used the Trader Joe’s mozzarella balls)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves (we used fresh from the garden, but you could buy them as well)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash all cherry tomatoes and basil leaves
- Place mozzarella ball, cherry, and basil on toothpick; this is one caprese “bite”
- Repeat until you have made the desired number of caprese “bites”
- Once finished, drizzle small amount of extra virgin olive oil on each bite, followed by a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Enjoy! These are soooo delicious. Do keep in mind it’s important to keep moderation in mind – but these are great for a dinner party or any sort of get together!